50 Thoughts As An Insomniac

By 5:20 AM , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

                       

     Do you ever just lay in bed absolutely exhausted, but can't seem to keep your eyes closed? Despite the measly three hours of sleep you got the night before, your mind can't seem to accept the fact that you're tired and have to get up early.. I know when I'm laying in bed trying to fall asleep, I'm overcome by an abundance of thoughts that are definitely not helping me fall asleep.


1. Why is it so damn hot in my room when it's like
50 degrees outside?

2. Ok, I'll just sleep with one leg out from the covers.


3. Alrighhhht so there's a 99.9% chance there's a ghost in my room so I'm just going to suffer through the heat under my covers.

4. Maybe if I just move my legs to the other side of my bed where it's cold I can fall asleep.

5. Annnnd now it's hot.

6. Ok I'm flipping on my stomach.

7. I feel like I'm being suffocated by my pillow.



8. That's it, I'm opening my window. I don't care if it's like borderline freezing.

9. Yes, that breeze is perfect. I'm going to fall asleep in no time.

10. Shoot, what time is it?

11. Phew it's only 12:30am.
12. Alright so my bedroom is nice and cold, it's not even 1am yet, and i'm ready to sleep.
13. What was that noise?

14. Is someone in my house?
15. It's okay I have a dog and he would attack them...
16. He would, wouldn't he?
17. Oh my gosh... I don't think he would. He wouldn't attack them, he's too sweet.
18. I'm probably just over exaggerating- it was probably just all in my head.
19. Why the hell did I watch Forensic Files before bed? Why did I think that was a good idea?
20. That poor family didn't even see it coming.
21. That could be me...
22. But it probably won't be. I need to calm down.


23. *checks phone* it's already 2:30am?!
24. What have I been doing that made the time pass so fast? It doesn't pass this fast during the day.
25. Well I'm still up so I might as well check Facebook.
26. *watches videos*
27. Well before I go back to bed I might as well check Instagram too... and my e-mail.
28. Shoot. I just remembered that I have a paper due tomorrow in class.
29. It's ok I'll just do it really quick before class in the library.


30. You know what I haven't done in a while... Netflix. I haven't watched anything on Netflix in like a billion years.
31. Ok I'll just watch one episode of Grey's Anatomy and then go back to bed.
32. *3 episodes later* Ok I'm ready for bed. I'm tired and have to get up early.
33. It's already 4AM?!
34. Why do I do this to myself?
35. Well let's see if I fall asleep now, I'll have to wake up in 4 hours. Is it even worth going back to sleep?
36. I haven't pulled an all-nighter since like freshman year of high school... I can't believe I'm even thinking of doing this.
37. Who am I kidding, I can't stay up much longer.
38. Alright lets get all comfy and ready to fall asleep.
39. Oh I should probably go grab a glass of water or else I'll never be able to fall asleep. I'm so thirsty.
40. Much better. I feel 10x more tired.
41. Ok I'm going to bed now.
42. *closes eyes* here we go, I'm falling asleep now.
43. It's too quiet. I can hear like everything... and I'm pretty sure that ghost is back.
44. That's it, I'm sleeping with the lights on.
45. Ok I feel much more safe.
46. It's too cold in here now- I'm going to just close the window.
47. Perfect.
48. Ok, goodnight!
49. Finally... a nice comfy bed, cool room, and I feel safe from ghosts and potential murderers. I can finally get a decent amount of sleep.
50. *Alarm goes off* ARE YOU %*@!&$# KIDDING ME?!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

What did you think about this?