My Boyfriend

By 12:19 AM

From time to time I may give out relationship advice. Not that I know everything and anything about relationships- because I don't- but because I enjoy helping others strengthen their bond with their significant other. I also enjoy helping others find happiness (yes, that means I like helping single people too). Before I give out advice regarding relationships, I should probably introduce you to mine.
This is Tyler- my love, my soulmate, my bestfriend. I met him in 7th grade English class. Though we've only been dating for 2 1/2 years, we have been through a lot. We started dating my junior year of high school and we've almost made it through our first year of college.
I've always liked him... even when he had crazy long hair. I sat next to him in 8th grade Earth Science and would sit there completely amazed at the little drawings on his notebook paper- he's an amazing artist. We were always preoccupied with other people, so much that we kept our fondness of each other hidden inside.
I started "talk-talking" to Tyler the summer before my Junior year (2011) and ended up going to the Homecoming dance with him that October. I was 15 years old and excited to finally be "going" with a sweet, respectable guy like him. After the Homecoming dance he kissed me, and yes... sparks flew. A big luminous sign went off in my head telling me that we were going to be more. Not too long after that, Tyler asked me to be his girlfriend and of course I said yes. We were that cliche football player-cheerleader couple and I kind of liked it that way. We started dating October 13th of that year- he was 16 and I was 15.

I had moved schools/houses the middle of my senior year so I didn't' always get to see him. It sucked, but we Skyped, texted, and called each other a lot. I once went almost 3 months without seeing him- to some that may seem like a long time and to others not so much. To me, that was 3 months too long. Over that summer we ended up seeing each other a lot more. I was nervous that we weren't going to go to the same college, but regardless I knew we would still work. Luckily, we ended up going to the same college and even living in the same building, just one floor apart!
I am now 18 and he is now 19. I still live a floor below Tyler and we are still going strong. We have
had to overcome many obstacles this past school-year but we remain standing stronger than ever. I confide in Tyler more than any other person. I look up to him and his morals. He is a complete gentleman- he still opens doors for me (including my car door), buys me flowers, stuffed animals, draws me cute little pictures, and even gives me surprise kisses. Don't get me wrong, we've had our fair share of little arguments but we don't let it get to us and we especially don't let each other go to sleep without saying "I love you." or admitting that you were wrong and offering an apology.
We balance each other out and work very well together. I wouldn't want it any other way with any other boy. Tyler is the love of my life and i'm very excited to share my journey with you guys with advice along the way.

XOXO, Christiana ♥

You Might Also Like

0 comments

What did you think about this?